Valerie Loureda Talks MMA and Breaking Stereotypes

V

vkim

Valerie Loureda doesn’t look or act like your average MMA fighter. In a sport where women often tend to fit a mold— being hardened, stereotypically “tough,” and all business— Loureda is unapologetically feminine and will post a video of herself dancing or posing in a bikini as quickly as she’ll knock an opponent out in the cage. She knows it’s not the norm, and frankly, she doesn’t care how anyone feels about it.

“If women do it, it’s being seen as doing it for social media and doing it to be an object for men and marketing. And that’s not the case,” Loureda told M&F Hers. “It’s not for any man, it’s for us as women showing we can be badass and beautiful and strong, and we could still be animals in the cage and know how to defend ourselves.”

Fresh off a stunning TKO against Tara Graff at Bellator 243, Loureda’s pro record stands at 3-0, and she’s gained more attention than ever before. She just signed a multi-fight, multi-year contract extension with Bellator and announced a new sponsorship with Vital Performance — and she’s just getting started.

View this post on Instagram

3-0! Wear your heels, put on your lashes, spar hard in the morning, make your tik toks, and don’t let ANYONE tell you what you can or cant be. -xoxo, V 1f31f.png1f48b.png

A post shared by Master Valerie Loureda 1f48b.png (@valerieloureda) on Aug 7, 2020 at 6:26pm PDT

Loureda’s confidence comes from a lifetime of training in martial arts, particularly taekwondo. It’s been just about three years since the Miami native decided to pursue MMA, and the rising flyweight has already proved she has serious potential. Training out of American Top Team with fellow inspiring female fighters like Amanda Nunes and Joanna Jedrzejczyk certainly doesn’t hurt.

We spoke with Loureda to get her take on rising in MMA, breaking stereotypes, and inspiring other women to be strong and stay true to themselves.

It seems that people who were doubting you are just now starting to take notice. With MMA being a traditionally male-dominated sport, do you feel that as a female athlete, you need to work harder to prove yourself?

Valerie Loureda: Definitely. I felt that in the beginning of my career, because it was a male-dominated sport I felt like I had to prove myself as an athlete to my coaches and my teammates. It was very hard to be able to grow in my own sport and to rise in a male-dominated sport. You have to learn how to speak to certain coaches and how to get through certain things and how to make the most out of what you have to reach where I am now.

You’ve been training your whole life, even at the Olympic level. What’s it like to finally be getting recognized, and signing a contract with Bellator?

When I first got my contract with Bellator, I felt for the first time the world was going to be introduced to me, and this is what I’ve always dreamed of— to be on a platform that will allow people to recognize the martial artist and the woman that I am. Now more than ever after this fight, I feel like I I’m being recognized for the first time and not just by men, but equally by women. I’m being supported by women and I’m being shown as an inspiration to them. And that means more to me than anything else.

You’re unapologetically yourself, being different than what’s expected outside the cage, which is awesome. What advice would you have for other female athletes who maybe feel like they have to fit into a mold to be taken seriously in their sport?

I would say don’t listen to what anybody has to say about you, because you have to be yourself and stay true to yourself in order to be recognized by the world. And if I would have listened to what anybody said about me, I wouldn’t be in the position where I am now. And just because I don’t look like I’m the stereotype in my sport doesn’t mean I don’t have the same level and the same talent. So I would tell girls to stay true to themselves. Be yourself, and work a hundred times harder than everyone else in your career. Stay true to your passion and just grow and shine—don’t let anybody tell you otherwise.

This year is like nothing else with the pandemic. Leading up to Bellator 234, did you have to tweak your training or find it particularly challenging to get it done?

Yeah. So it was very, very hard for me and very different than old camps, but during quarantine I kept my weight low. I was eating very healthy during quarantine so that when Bellator would call me, I’d be ready at any time for a fight. They called me with three weeks notice and I hadn’t done any sparring or really any MMA sessions. I went to American Top Team and had no females to work with, so I had to train with guys who are in lower weight classes and do a small camp like that. I made the most of what I had, but I’ve been doing this since I was little and I just trusted my talent and I trusted my hard work for all these years that I’d be able to pull it off.

When do you think you realized that MMA is that space you wanted to move into and pursue?

I realized this about three and a half years ago. You know, the first time I saw MMA on TV, I really didn’t know what it was. I just knew it was cage fighting, but I wasn’t aware of anything. And I remember the first time I saw a woman MMA fighting in the cage, I had goosebumps and I looked to my sister and said, “Nancy, I could do that.” I had never taken a jiu-jitsu class in my life, but something just from looking at it told me, “You’re meant to do that. And you’re meant to be a star doing that.” The next week I was in a jiu-jitsu class and then now I’m here three years later. But from the first moment I had a gut instinct that I was born for that. And that’s exactly how it played out.

Do you have any tips for people who do want to get started in MMA but are hesitant? Especially women, if you show up at a gym and it’s mostly guys.

I think for women, one of the biggest things martial arts teaches you, in general, is confidence. You know, with confidence, you can do things. I’ve always been the only girl in my class, all full of men— for example, boxing— but I have the confidence to do that. For a woman who want to get started, I’d say start with boxing because I feel like boxing is a huge stress relief for a lot of women.

I used to teach kickboxing before my contract, and I saw the way these women, their lives were changed with boxing and kickboxing. So start with kickboxing and you know, eat healthy. And then later on you could go into wrestling and just little by little bit. Always stay true to yourself, and take care of your skin. In MMA, there’s a lot of infections and stuff like that, so take care of your skin, stay true to yourself and, and just work really hard.

Do you have any general kind of nutrition rules that you always stick to, or vitamins and supplements that are your go-tos?

I’m very big on my routine with my vitamins, my supplements and, and my nutrition. So I do eat healthy, and I don’t eat a lot of carbs. But if there’s something I’m very disciplined with, it’s my vitamins and my blood work is really important to me.

Every day I work out, and after every workout I use Vital Performance Recover. I love guava lime— it reminds me of Miami. After every training session, I always do that to make sure I’m good for the next one. You know, it really helps my body and my recovery. The amino acids, and everything has been amazing for, for my training.

That’s kind of how I’ve been able to do this camp so quickly for the fight. I’ve been using their products since before I was sponsored. Now that I’m sponsored, I’m excited to actually show proof that their products work and how they’ve helped me in my recovery for my next workout.

What’s next for your career, and when do you hope to fight again?

If all goes well, I want to fight again in December and keep proving people wrong. The more I fight, they’re starting to recognize that I’m real and that they have to deal with it. And I’m just going to keep being an inspiration to other women and other young girls. I want them not to be scared of my sport because they’re scared to get hurt. I want them to be interested so they can learn to defend themselves and develop that confidence that I feel like all women need. So that’s really my message, and the more I fight, the more I grow and build a platform to show the world who I am.

Continue reading...

Ikaria-Lean-Belly-Juice.png

Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Reviews: If you eat a sensible diet and consume at least four glasses of water each day for seven days, you will end up losing a lot of the water weight. This is not fat loss, but it is simple and quick to help get you started on losing weight.

List Of Content:​

• What Is Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Formula – Introduction
  • How Does Ikaria Lean Belly Work?
  • Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Ingredients
  • Are Customers Happy? – Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Reviews
  • Does Science Support The Benefits Of Ikaria Lean Belly Juice?
  • Where To Buy The Ikaria Lean Belly Juice?
Other options are Tai Chi, going for a walk or jog, or simply running. Talk with your doctor before beginning any program if there is a chance you have any heath problems.You can perform many different exercises at home or on lunch breaks that will help to get you in shape.

Treat high calorie foods different then other foods when Ikaria Lean Belly Juice you are try to shed the pounds. It can be smart to make a decadent treat into a small part of a healthier meal. Allow yourself a little cake, for instance, but fill the plate around it with fresh fruit slices. After each bite of your dessert, take a bite of fruit; this will allow you to feel full within minutes.

Do not ignore your food cravings.Foods such as chips and ice cream are delicious.Cravings related to unhealthy foods could kick into high gear when you are trying to diet. Don't give in to your cravings, but don't deny yourself completely either. Try to find a lower-calorie alternative that is better for you and contains less calories.

What Is Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Formula – Introduction​

It is all to easy to let your commitment to regular exercise regularly if you give yourself a scheduled time to do so. Set up a specified time when you can exercise and stick to it every day.

Invest in a comfortable and supportive shoes for working out.If you don't put forth the effort to find well-fitting shoes, you can hurt yourself and sustain a serious injury.. The skin contains a lot Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Ingredients of antioxidants. Make sure you wash your fruits and vegetables carefully before eating the skin.

To lose weight in a healthy manner and boost your nutritional intake at the same time, eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as you can. The best ones to eat are those grown organically or, if you are handy with gardening, grown at home. For example, home-grown tomatoes are fresher and tend to taste better than those bought in grocery stores.

The best time of day to exercise is in the morning, before breakfast. When you exercise before your breakfast meal, you are burning stored fat, instead of the energy from your breakfast. This helps you have energy throughout the day, so you do not feel depleted of energy before lunchtime.

How Does Ikaria Lean Belly Work?​

When your clothes get tighter, you will take notice, and you are more likely to make the effort to lose weight if you no longer have the larger sized clothing to wear.

The most important thing to do when trying to lose weight is monitoring what you eat. Combining exercise with good eating habits is great for losing weight and your overall well-being. The point is that we must utilize more calories than we take in.

By following the tips in this article, you can expect results. When you find a good weight loss routine, it is important to stick with it. Your weight may not come off as fast as Ikaria Lean Belly Juice UK Reviews you would like, but if you continue with the proper knowledge and routine, the pounds will come off.

Weight Loss: How To Find Your Success

On the road to becoming a happier and healthier you, achieving the ideal body weight is a goal that should always be on the top of your list. Losing weight has often been associated with deprivation and misery, but it doesn't have to be that way. The following tips will pave the way for a more positive weight loss experience.

To help yourself eat less and lose weight, invest in some smaller dinner plates. Smaller plates will trick your brain into thinking that you've eaten an entire meal, when in fact you've reduced your portion size by a third or more. You can even order food at a restaurant to come on a salad plate.

A great way to lose weight is to invest in some workout equipment for your home. This is great because you aren't just limited to the gym. You'll always have the option of working out and if you're someone that's embarrassed about working out in front of others, you no longer have to worry.

Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Ingredients​

• If you have ever spent a day counting exactly how many calories that you have consumed that day, you may have found it a daunting task and have been very surprised at the results. Try simply taking note of everything you eat in a notebook or spreadsheet. By writing down everything that goes into your mouth, you may find that you're consuming much more food then you thought you were when you were making mental notes.
  • It is important to reduce your sodium intake if you are trying to lose weight. Most people are aware of the impact salt has on high blood pressure, but it can also make weight loss more difficult too. Excess sodium can cause your body to retain water or become dehydrated.
  • Watching TV doesn't need to sabotage your attempts of weight loss. There are plenty of exercising activities or routines that you can do while watching television. Try placing a small step stool in front of the television and take steps on it while watching in order to get a leg Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Australia Reviews work out while enjoying your favorite show.
  • A great tip to help you lose weight is to listen to your body and get adequate rest when your body needs it. If you start to notice fatigue, take a day or two off. Over training can happen to anyone and if you don't get proper rest, you could become ill.

Are Customers Happy? – Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Reviews​

While working to drop a few inches, try shopping at thrift store or discount stores because you won't be wearing these clothes for long. This is because you save a lot of money on clothing during your weight loss and provide motivation to lose more weight.

Another tip for effective weight loss is eating at the same time everyday. It has been proven that most people enjoy knowing when their next meal is and are less likely to search for other food. Try to create a timeframe when you're able to eat and try to keep to it.

One easy way to consume less calories and lose more weight, is to make it a point to leave a portion of your food, uneaten, at each meal. It doesn't matter what it is or how much you leave there. The point is, to allow you to realize that you still feel full, even with a little less to eat.

Stay away from food later in the evening to lose weight. Snacking late at night can pack on the pounds since our bodies do not process the food as efficiently when we are sleeping. You will start losing weight as soon as you cut out late night eating.

Did you know that dining with others would help you Where to buy Ikaria lean belly consume less food than those who dine alone? The social interaction with other people while eating a meal is actually a good tactic for those who want to lose weight. Planning meals with family and friends a few times a week will improve your plan to lose weight and maintain your fitness program.

You should avoid eating muffins for breakfast. Muffins are usually high in fat and sugar content. They are made from processed white flour which is devoid of nutrients. When the sugar is burned off in the morning, you will feel very tired and low in energy. A muffin does not provide you with the essential nutrients that you need for a good start in the morning.

Does Science Support The Benefits Of Ikaria Lean Belly Juice?​

Eating cereals five days a week has shown that it is good for losing weight. Cereal has many benefits like calcium and fiber. Not every brand is suitable for weight loss, so don't go reaching for Cap'n Crunch.Stick with healthy, like Total and Bran Flakes.

Be cautious of foods advertised as low in calories or fat when you're looking to lose weight.

Dining out presents a challenge for people trying to lose weight. Even with more healthy options available, restaurant portion sizes are still far too large. One incredibly simple way to control what you're eating is to order your dinner, and ask the server to box half of it up when they bring it to the table. You'll be eating half as much food right off the bat, and can bring home the rest for another meal.

When you are eating your meals, do not let yourself eat so much that you actually feel stuffed. Listen to your body because it will tell you when it is full and that you should stop ikaria lean belly juice negative reviews eating. By doing this you will decrease how many calories you eat per day.

There are a lot of foods on the market that people think are "diet friendly" because they say "fat-free" or "zero trans fats." Beware of these foods, they are actually a dieters downfall. They are loaded with huge amounts of sugar or sodium which will expand your waistline in no time.

Where To Buy The Ikaria Lean Belly Juice?​

The simplest way to ensure your diet is nutritionally sound while dieting is to pre-plan your meals ahead. Plan your day; set aside time to have 5-6 small meals every day, place them in coolers and you c an grab them anytime you need.

Green tea is great for boosting your metabolism and speeding up your weight since research has shown that it tends to increase a person's metabolism. Try adding a small amount of honey or natural sweetener for extra flavor. Another type of tea with several health benefits is black variety. Green tea has antioxidants that can help you get rid of toxins and give a boost to your immune system.

Surveys show that people who take note of what they eat have more likely to lose weight. They have been shown to lose twice as much weight when compared to those who don't bother keeping track.

Refference Link:​

https://www.outlookindia.com/outloo...ice-ingredients-recently-updated--news-306601

https://www.outlookindia.com/outloo...-report-reveals-important-details-news-210073

https://www.outlookindia.com/outloo...-amazon-holland-and-barrett-boots-news-306592

Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Australia Reviews (Chemist Warehouse)

Where to Buy Ikaria Lean Belly Juice? Amazon, Walmart, or Official Website? Don’t Buy it from Fake Sellers!

Ikaria Lean Belly Juice Negative Reviews - Complaints & Side EffectsShape

11 Best Fiber Supplements (Powder, Gummies & Pills) | Effective For Constipation, Weight Loss & Gut Health etc

Back