6 Day Workout & Guide to Put on Muscle Mass

Jacked Cash
Building lean muscle mass requires you to do a lot of things right. Kick start your efforts with this 6 day workout plan & guide to efficient muscle building.

WORKOUT SUMMARY​

Workout Description​

Putting on quality muscle is absolutely one of the most important things you can do.
The creation of a metabolic juggernaut not only helps you burn calories but unequivocally helps you lead a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Undoubtedly, building muscle should appropriately be at the top of everyone’s exercise dream list.
Even if you’ve been unresponsive to resistance training protocol in the past, I believe every person can pack on muscle to some degree. It can be just a matter of identifying a workout and diet regimen that works for you! That starts with developing a well-designed resistance program featuring the following:
  • Consistent workouts
  • Proper nutrition
  • Smart implementation of supplements
  • Optimal hydration
  • Adequate sleep
Every program I create is unique to the individual. Personally, my driving motivation is to look and feel better at 60 than I do at 50! While each program varies, here is an action plan to pack on the muscle. This process does not happen overnight but if you stick with it, you just made the best decision of your life! FEEL GOOD FROM THE INSIDE OUT - KABOOM!!!

Consistent Workouts​

Monday & Friday: Posterior Chain Day​

ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Deadlift412, 10, 8, 6
1 Arm Dumbbell Row315, 12, 10
Reverse Cable Fly315, 12, 10
Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly312, 10, 8
Dumbbell Shrug320, 15, 10
Hex Bar Power Shrug312, 10, 8
Dumbbell Curl315, 12, 10
Cable Hammer Curl320, 20, 20
Dead Bug312, 12, 12
Swiss Ball Crunch320, 20, 20

Tuesday & Saturday: Anterior Chain Day​

ExerciseSetsReps
Smith Bench Press with Bands315, 12, 10
Smith Incline Bench Press with Bands315, 12, 10
Dumbbell Press with Slight Incline320, 15, 12
Shoulder Dislocates315, 12, 10
Lateral Raise315, 12, 10
Machine Lateral Raise315, 12, 10
Tricep Rope Pushdown312, 10, 8
Lying Incline Dumbbell Extension315, 12, 10
Shoulder Tap Push Up320, 20, 20
Swiss Ball Circles315, 12, 10

Wednesday & Sunday: Leg Day​

ExerciseSetsReps
Squats320, 15, 12
Leg Press320, 15, 12
Vertical Leg Press315, 12, 10
Bulgarian Split Squat315, 12, 10 Each
Leg Extensions315, 12, 10
Seated Leg Curl315, 12, 10
Lying Leg Curl310, 10, 10
Barbell Glute Bridge320, 15, 12
Standing Calf Raise320, 20, 20
Seated Calf Raise315, 12, 10
Although my workouts follow a set pattern (three days lifting, one day off) that I have found success with, I alternate this prescription for each client. I integrate different speeds and different tempos - rest between sets and exercises can be from 20 seconds to 3 minutes. An entire workout can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours.
Regardless, it’s mission critical that you’re maintaining perfect form throughout each exercise, taking the joint through your full range of available motion.

Proper Nutrition​

Any exercise program should have a nutritional component. As the saying goes, the most effective muscle building results are achieved by following the 80/20 rule, 80 percent diet/20 percent exercise, and I’m a firm believer that it works. So much so, I use it as the foundation to every client’s program.
Healthy eating gets a bad rap of being boring and pretty much disgusting! I disagree and with preparation, creativity and an understanding of what we are putting into our bodies, we can create some amazing choices. It is erroneous for people to think they will never be able to enjoy their favorite foods again. Implementing a cheat meal once a week is perfectly acceptable.
I am not endorsing a diet; but encouraging a lifestyle change which means better, smarter choices in everything we consume. By being accountable for the fuel you put in your body you can change your life and feel amazing dong it.
This modification in your nutritional profile will not only improve performance 10%-20% but when used in conjunction with the appropriate resistance program will not only make your journey to put on quality muscle way shorter, but also much more enjoyable.
6 day workout and guide to nutrtion

Breakfast​

My first meal of the day is a protein shake with eight pasteurized egg whites, one banana, cooked oatmeal, a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (made with the highest quality protein sources for faster absorption), a tablespoon of almond butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon! It’s incredibly delicious and helps set the tone for my entire day!
Oatmeal is a fantastic source of iron, magnesium, and other muscle-building minerals, while almond butter is great for blood flow regulation. Try and incorporate these items into your daily meal.

Lunch/Dinner​

I recommend protein-packed meat (chicken, fish, steak, turkey or buffalo) with 8 ounces of veggies or rice on the side. I’m big on sweet potatoes. Meat is a great source of protein because it has a high biological value (or BV) so the nutrients are more easily absorbed within the body. Plant-based proteins are also a great alternative to meats; however, they’re lower on the BV scale and thus don’t absorb as easily within the body.
Carbohydrates are important for replenishing glycogen stores and helping drive the protein into the muscle. I top off my dinner with a green drink consisting of broccoli, celery, cucumber, kale, spinach, half of a green apple and ginger. All these foods are high in antioxidants which help to control and reduce excessive inflammation post-workout.
You want to get your antioxidants from food sources and not supplements because too high a dose of antioxidants can impair the anabolic response that stimulates muscle growth.

Snacks​

My smaller meals or snacks are consumed every two hours throughout the day. I make sure to get enough macro and micro nutrients into my system through high quality food.
Typical snacks would include nuts, beef jerky, vegetables and a protein bar.

Supplement Implementation​

In addition to the protein shake I’ll make for breakfast, I take supplements throughout the day. For example, after breakfast I’ll take a daily CLA supplement to help reduce body fat and increase lean muscle mass.
After lunch, I’ll take fish oil and B12 vitamins daily to help support my energy. During my workout, I’ll take five grams of creatine protein powder. After my workout, I’ll further nourish my bodies recovery with a whey protein shake.
MET-RX Creatine 4200 Shop Now!

Optimal Hydration​

Staying hydrated is key to nourishing your body, pre and post workout. I always start my day by slamming 12 oz of water, walking outside and moving around.
I am literally that guy that walks around with a gallon jug of lemon-water everywhere I go!

Adequate Sleep​

Getting 8 hours of quality sleep a night is amazing and necessary when you are serious about improving any part of your body through fitness. I notice when I get enough sleep, I feel more energized throughout my workout and can push my body further and recover faster.
However, I don't always get the full 8 hours so to supplement my sleep cycle, I’ll take 40 min naps during the day.

Back