Wilson Chandler Suspended

FREAK

Administrator
Staff member
Jacked Cash

NBA forward Wilson Chandler suspended 25 games for PED use
AJ Neuharth-Keusch, USA TODAYPublished 12:40 p.m. ET Aug. 29, 2019 | Updated 1:17 p.m. ET Aug. 29, 2019

Brooklyn Nets forward Wilson Chandler has been suspended 25 games without pay for violating the terms of the NBA's Anti-Drug Program by testing positive for Ipamorelin, the league announced Thursday.
Ipamorelin is listed under "Steroids, Performance Enhancing Drugs, and Masking Agents" on the NBA's list of banned substances.
Chandler, 32, in July signed with the Nets — the fifth team of his career.
In a statement to ESPN, Chandler said:

"During my injury rehab process, before I signed with the Nets, I was prescribed a treatment that included small doses of a substance recently added to the NBA’s prohibited substance list. I did not realize this substance was banned, and neither did the doctor.
"I accept responsibility and apologize to my Nets teammates, coaches, front office and fans for this mistake. I will continue to work hard to prepare for the upcoming season."

According to ESPN's Bobby Marks, the suspension will cost Chandler $23,316 per game and a total of $582,898.
Chandler played for the Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Clippers last season and averaged a career-low six points per game. He has career averages of 12.9 points and 5.3 rebounds.

Back