100 Reps Per Set Shocker Fullbody Workout

Jacked Cash
Blast out of a rut with 100 reps per set. 100 rep sets can be used to shock the entire body for a week or two, or to bring up a lagging part.

WORKOUT SUMMARY​

• Main Goal
    Build Muscle
  • Workout Type
    Full Body
  • Training Level
    Intermediate
  • Program Duration4 weeks
  • Days Per Week
  • Time Per Workout75-90 minutes
  • Equipment Required
    Barbell, Bodyweight, Cables, Dumbbells, EZ Bar, Machines
  • Target GenderMale & Female
  • Workout PDFDownload Workout

Workout Description​

Maik Weidenbach

This workout deals with an incredibly scary rep number that was first made popular by Rory Leidelmeyer in the early 1980s: 100 reps per set. Yes, you read that right. I am suggesting that you perform 100 reps of an arm exercise. What?!
For decades, we have been told that 8-10 reps is the ticket to hugeness. This still holds true, but doing an occasional 100-rep workout achieves three things: it pushes your pain barrier, it gives you improved vascularization, and it increases the glycogen reserves within your target muscle. All this will set the stage for further growth.
Basically, the 100s can be used twofold:
  1. For a shock week or two to train the whole body in that matter or,
  2. To bring a lagging muscle group up to speed.
Since none us are happy with the size of their arms, I took a chapter from my book "30 Secrets for Bigger Arms" to help you up to speed.
For this workout, pick a weight that's about 30-40% of your regular training weight, and perform 40+ reps. After that, rest one second per rep minus 100. When you get to 50 repetitions, rest 50 seconds; when you’re at 99 reps, rest one second, etc. (If you cannot reach 40 reps during your first attempt, choose a lighter weight next time. Conversely, if you get to 70+ in the first attempt, go a bit heavier.)
Here is a sample workout for arms: one set of 100 each, 3 minutes between exercises:
  1. Incline dumbbell curls
  2. Decline triceps extension
  3. Cable concentration curls
  4. Triceps rope press downs
This would be a sample workout for a lagging muscle group, you can modify it for any muscle. I would stay away from free compound exercises and train mostly with machines since fatigue and pain reach a whole new level on this program (I have seen grown men struggle with 185lbs on the incline bench). 100 free squats can be potentially fatal, whereas 100 leg press will only make you run for the bath room. The idea of being stuck under the incline barbell is also not very appealing, I take the hammer strength in that case.
Now what about a whole body program? Here I would stick to two sessions a week, trust me it is plenty.

100 Rep per Set - Workout 1​

1. Leg Press
  2. Lat Pull Down
  3. Incline Bench Press
  4. Barbell Shrugs
  5. Dumbbell Lateral Raise
  6. Hammer Curls
  7. Cable Tricep Extension
  8. Leg Press Calf Raise

100 Rep per Set - Workout 2​

1. Rack Deadlifts (use straps)
  2. Cable Flyes
  3. Seated Cable Rows
  4. Seated Shoulder Press
  5. Pullovers
  6. Reverse Barbell Curl
  7. Overhead Tricep Extensions with Rope
  8. Weighted Crunches
As for supplements, I would use some BCAAs during the workout, maybe 200-300 mg of caffeine and 3 grams of l-tyrosine before the workout in order to increase the mental focus. You should drink plenty of water as well.
I would definitely not attempt the 100s on a low carb diet (if you can, more power to you). But since the purpose is to achieve a monster pump, low carb is somewhat counterproductive. My preference is to do a little carb/creatine loading leading up to the workout, something along the lines of 4 meals with 50 grams of carbs each plus 5 grams of creatine. If you workout in the AM, have a big sushi or pasta dinner.
Either way, give the 100s a try. They will stimulate new growth in your body. In addition, they will create a much greater mental toughness which will then spill over into your other workouts. Just do not be embarrassed if you are struggling with 80 lbs on the lat pull down.
Enjoy the five days of soreness afterwards!

Back